Map & Directions to Chanticleer Inn B&B in Ashland, Oregon
A warm and welcoming hospitality awaits you at the Chanticleer Inn, a premier Ashland Oregon Bed and Breakfast.
Situated in a quiet historical neighborhood, yet very near to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival,
the Varsity movie house, the Oregon Cabaret theater, Lithia Park, and many restaurants and galleries!
By Car from I-5 Hwy
From the South
- Take I-5 exit #14 and turn left onto Ashland Street (aka Rte 66)
- Continue on Ashland Street to the end and turn right onto Siskiyou Blvd.
- Drive 1.2 miles and turn left on Third St., (which is the first possible left after the fire station).
- Drive one block and cross Main St. (Third St. becomes Gresham St. after crossing Main.)
From the North
Note: From the north, some older GPSs will provide a long and indirect route to the inn. If their directions are different from those below, don’t follow them!
- Take I-5 exit #19, Ashland and turn right.
- Turn left onto Rte. 99. (Once in Ashland, Rte. 99 becomes Main St.)
- Turn right on Gresham St.
Chanticleer Inn is a block and half on the left at 120 Gresham St. Off-street parking is in the alley just below the house.
In the winter and early spring, we recommend driving during the day between Redding and Ashland. Highway 5 over the Siskiyou mountains is well maintained, but can still be icy at night. To check I-5’s road conditions and view road camera images in the Siskiyou passes, please go to TripCheck.
Another consideration while driving the stretch between Redding and Ashland. California highway patrol are ever present and especially vigilant on the sections of road that are flat and way too tempting to exceed the speed limit. To complicate matters the maximum speed limit varies and is not well signposted.
Medford airport is a quick 20 miles from Ashland. Ashland also has a municipal airport that services small planes. To and fro either airport Cascade Shuttle will pick up and deliver you directly to the inn’s door. Call to make reservations 541 488-1998 or visit Cascade Shuttle’s website.