Calling all Fly Fishing enthusiasts!
This is an excellent opportunity to get into some great used gear at great prices! Event begins at 10 am and as in previous years there will be goodies & coffee on hand.
Will Johnson says he’s got quite a few rods to put out from Sage, Redington & more as well as reels from top manufacturers. Gear bags, fly tying materials and tools, and loads of fly lines – spey & single hand, fly boxes, travel tubes, clothing. Read More
The Fly Shop will be having their annual Gear Swap & Sale this Saturday & (if there is anything left!) Sunday, May the 28th & 29th at the shop! This is an excellent opportunity to get into some great used gear at great prices! Event begins at 10 am when we open the doors and as in previous years we will have goodies & coffee on hand. I’ve got quite a few rods to put out from Sage, Redington & more as well as reels from top manufacturers. Gear bags, fly lines – spey & single hand.
We will also be having a huge Fly Sale with many pattens going for $.50! This has become a clearinghouse for the shop so expect to see some demo equipment in there as well!
Also: If you are interested in having some of your used equipment for sale in the swap there is still time!
Weekend fishing opportunities:
Diamond Lake Rainbow Trout
– Oregon Fish and Wildlife–
Many area lakes, ponds and reservoirs have been stocked multiple times and fishing has been good.
- Got a hankering for big trout? Check out Applegate Reservoir and Saunders and Tenmile lakes.
- Striped Bass have been biting on the Couquille, Smith and main stem Umpqua rivers.
- The spring Chinook continues to be fair to good on the Rogue River, and some Chinook are still being caught on the main stem Umpqua.
- ODFW will host an adult fly fishing workshop at LaVerne Park on the Coquille River on Saturday, June 11.